Saturday, August 1, 2009
July 7, The Display Case
Last week was Jr. High camp. It didn't take to much to entertain the kids and it was raining all week, so craft shop was one of their only options. We had tons of kids everyday. This week though, the kids are a little older (Jr. and Sr. High) and the weather is better, so we have to try harder to get the kids interested in making crafts. I figured one improvement we could make was on the display case. It was messy and crowded and hard to tell what crafts we had. To fix this, I repainted it, which made it and the crafts look better, and wrote an organized list of the crafts available. I think this made a difference. The campers started asking for crafts no one had bought before. This showed me again how important organization is. When the campers could read through an organized list of crafts, they were able to see their options better and were more inclined to try new things. I think repainting the display case also made the crafts more attractive. When the crafts looked good, more campers wanted to make them. I think this whole experience helped me with my learning objective to undertake a new challenge. I had never had to sell stuff like that before. The challenge was to get kids to want to make crafts at the craft shop. I responded by organizing a list of the crafts and it helped. This was a good learning experience for me and I will try to stay organized in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment