The Turkey Program will help families all across Cape Cod. Thanksgiving is an important holiday in my family and I would like to make it special for other families as well. I will help plan and lead the activity as well as contribute food. I am in charge of making sure everyone brings the foods they were assigned. This will be a challenge because although I am in charge(along with the other Juniors in my advisory) of planning what foods we will bring, it is ultimately the responsibility of the other students in my advisory to bring it in. I can plan this activity, but I can't "control" whether or not everyone follows the plan. I think this will personally affect me by making me a better leader through practice. It will also help me to appreciate my thanksgiving dinner more. I am realizing how much planning goes into a Thanksgiving dinner and what a privilege it is to have one.
One goal is for me is to stay organized during the activity. Sometimes I lose track of what I'm supposed to do. I will know that I have reached this goal if I bring in the food and money I agreed to bring. My other goal is to help others stay organized as well. I want to support them by reminding them of what to bring in and if necessary, bring it for them.
Learning Outcome 3
The Juniors in my advisory and I are in charge of this activity, so we have to plan and initiate it. I am in charge of the list of foods everyone has to bring. I have helped to assign the foods to everyone. We are also taking the initiative for this activity. We are expected to lead it and take responsibility for its success or failure.
Learning Outcome 7
I think this Turkey Program will also help me to consider the ethical implication that my actions can have. By simply sharing food with another family, I can show them love and do something good for them. I think that whenever you do a service activity, it could also arouse other ethical issues. For example, is what you are doing really the best way (morally) to spend your time, effort and money? Will your act of service really benifit the people you are trying to help?
This activity will help me to practice leading an activity. I will also learn to value what I have more. Finally, I will get the benefit of feeling good for helping others. This activity will also help a family to have good food to eat and to enjoy their Thanksgiving holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment