Activity: Sturgis Lacrosse Team
Dates of Activity: 2/2/10 to about 5/1/10
Category: Action
First Learning Outcome: 5. Show perseverance and commitment in activity
Second Learning Outcome: 4. Work collaboratively with others
Sponsoring Organization: Sturgis
Adult Supervisor: Coach, Scott Arcenas
Why is this particular activity being chosen?
I am choosing this activity because I like Lacrosse. I have been playing for two years and I enjoy the exercise and I love the people on the team. As an upperclassmen, one of my duties is to help the newer players. I also need to work hard to contribute to the team. This will be a challenge because I have a lot of homework and a job and I will get tired sometimes. I will have to keep playing and practicing hard even when I'm tired. I think this will make me a stronger person.
What are a few personal goals to be achieved? How will you measure progress toward these goals? How will you know you've reached these goals?
One of my goals is to score at least three goals this season. Last year I scored two, and this year I want to try and get one more. I will measure my progress by the number of goals I score in practice and in the games.
Another goal is to be a good leader and to help the newer players on the team. I will measure my progress of this by how much I help them by giving instruction or answering questions. I don't think I will know for sure exactly when I meet this goal.
How will this activity meet the two learning outcomes you've selected?
I hope that this activity will help me lean to show perseverance and commitment. I think I will get tired of lacrosse, especially if I am busy with other things. I will try not to miss practices or games. I think that by staying committed to the activity I will learn to be more perseverance.
Because lacrosse is a team sport, I will have to work together with my teammates to win games and to get better at lacrosse. I will try to help new players improve at lacrosse and I will try to work together with the team in games.
What is the value of this activity to you and others? And, if applicable, how will this activity benefit others?
I think this activity will benefit me and the other players on the team through friendships and exercise. The more enjoyable I make lacrosse for others, the more we will all benefit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment