Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Goal

Today was a good game. Our team played well, and I think especially the offense worked together really well. I felt good about the way that I played too.

First, I tried my best. I was glad that even when I was tired, I kept playing.

I also paced myself better. I was playing right offensive midfield and my sister was playing left. Only one of us was allowed to go back on defense, and so when I was tired, she would run over and when she was tired, I went back. We worked really well as a team and this also helped me pace myself.

Because of my CAS goal, I also tried really hard to make a goal. This also helped me play really hard. Whenever I got the ball, I would book it to the goal. I had two or three assists and about 3 attempted shots. One time, I ran down the field and shot, and it went in. I was excited, but right when I was shooting, the ref blew the whistle because the other team was standing in front of the goal in my way. So, my goal didn't count. However, I then got a free position and scored again. So, although my first goal didn't count in the game, I will count it towards my CAS goal. My CAS goal was to make three goals during the season, and I made two today in the last five minutes of our last varsity game. It's kinda funny.

The center also did really well on the draws, so I was able to catch a lot of them. This helped our team get possession from the start of each reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment